Leaders in distance and borderless education
From our establishment as an agricultural college in 1927 to becoming a university in 1964, Massey University has a long and proud tradition of academic and research excellence and has played a defining role in the development of New Zealand
Advances in technology means a transformational change in education is taking place. There is enormous growth in demand from students for borderless education delivered online or in-country.
Massey University is well positioned to meet this demand because of our long history of distance and online learning and our strong relationships with many corporations, governments and educational institutions developed worldwide over many years.
We are focused on inspiring our graduates to be knowledgeable, creative, visionary, and innovative.
Semester one commences in February
Semester two commences in July/August
Applications are open throughout the year for international students.
- Massey University has been a distance provider for over 50 years
- 15,000 students study by distance with us each year
- 1 in 16 New Zealanders have studied with us through distance
- More than 300,000 people have studied via distance through Massey University
Benefits of distance and borderless education
- Gain an internationally recognised university qualification and improve your career options while still balancing your work and home commitments
- Have greater control of lessons by replaying or rereading any lessons you’re not clear about
- Access lessons anywhere and at any time with no limitations and restrictions on time and location of study
- Save time and money by minimising travel costs
- Higher education study is a rewarding and enriching experience that brings about significant personal development.
How to apply