Specialised Master Programme
Dr. Xu Peng
Associate Academic Director for Master in Finance
Institution: ESSEC Business School
Programme: Master in Finance
What is this program about?
Ranked #1 in Asia and #5 worldwide by the Financial Times in 2018, the Master in Finance (MiF) offered by ESSEC Business School (ESSEC) is a 1-year program that offers a global approach to finance with a strong emphasis on the technical skills necessary to operate in today’s financial professions. Providing significant exposure to both European and Asian financial markets, the program takes place either in France (ESSEC Cergy, Paris area) or in Singapore (ESSEC Asia-Pacific). There are 2 tracks available:
• Corporate Finance This is designed for those who want to pursue a career in mergers & acquisitions, financial analysis, firm valuation, transaction services, structured financing, private equity and equity and debt capital markets.
• Financial Markets Track This is suitable for those who want to pursue a career in front and middle offices such as sales and structuring of financial products, traders as well as asset and portfolio management.
Who should take the program?
The MiF is designed to offer high quality training to high potential students who wish to pursue a career in corporate finance, financial markets, asset and portfolio management. Fresh graduates or young professionals holding a Bachelor’s degree with a few years of professional experience are eligible to apply.
There are 3 key profiles in general:
• Graduates with a non-business degree in specialized domains such as engineering or sciences, who want to enter the finance industry
• Business, finance or economics graduates who lack the technical skills to get into their desired roles in banking
• Those in the finance sector who want to switch portfolios
How can this postgraduate degree help you in your career?
• International study trip This 1-week study trip lets students travel to one of the major financial markets (London, Hong Kong or New York) where they visit the most prestigious investment banks and consulting firms such as Barclay’s Capital, Bank of America-Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and UBS.
• Global internship Designed to facilitate students’ professional integration, the internship can take place anywhere in the world and it lasts between 4 to 6 months
• Summer program training This interactive and personalized training helps students prepare for interviews in investment banking, market finance and strategy consulting with prestigious financial institutions. Students learn how to excel in their applications and increase their chances to secure summer internships and graduate programs