PhD In Psychology
This programme is designed to equip students with doctoral-level knowledge in content areas in psychology and research methodology, with a focus on areas in experimental, social, personality and organisational psychology.
Students will learn, from both coursework and hands-on research experiences, to link psychological theory, study design, measurement, and data analysis in order to make substantive inferences and evidence-based recommendations to theory and practice that are scientifically defensible. Students in the programme have presented their work at international conferences and published their research in top journals in psychology. Graduates of the programme will be well-prepared for careers in universities, research institutes and industry.
- Good Bachelor's degree in Psychology or a relevant Bachelor's degree.
- Good GRE or GMAT results.
Both the General and Psychology subject examinations taken within five years prior to application.
- Good TOEFL or IELTS scores.
For applicants whose medium of instruction at the Bachelor's/Master's level was not English.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Referee Reports
- 6 Foundation Courses (6 Course Units)
- 2 Electives (2 Course Units)
- 1 Empirical Research Project (ERP) (1 Course Unit)
- Master's Thesis (12 Course Units)
- 3 Advanced Research Topics (ART) Courses (3 Course Units)
- Oral Defence of Completed Master's Thesis
- Preparation of Dissertation Proposal
- PhD Qualifying Examination
- Completion of PhD Dissertation (28 Course Units)
- Oral Defence of Completed PhD Dissertation
Dates & Fees
Opening Date for Application
1 November (of prior year)
Closing Date for Application
31 January (of intake year)
- Application Fee (One-Time): S$15
- Registration Fee (One-Time):
S$400 (for students who are Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents); S$500 (for foreign students)
- Tuition Fee: S$10,000 per year (for Singapore Citizens); S$14,000 per year (for Singapore Permanent Residents); S$20,000 per year (for foreign students with Service Obligation); S$33,300 per year (for foreign students without Service Obligation)