NTU – School Of Humanities And Social Sciences
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is one of the fastest-rising universities in the world with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering.
Established in 2004 as one of the youngest schools of the NTU family, School of Humanities and Social Sciences has made remarkable progress in a short span of time. At present, we have more than 160 full-time faculty members, and our graduate student numbers have multiplied to about 300.
HSS is proud of being able to provide a student-centered education through which our students would not only obtain specific knowledge about the disciplines they major in, but also develop critical thinking capacities that could be applied in classroom and beyond. Our graduate students have benefited from the opportunities of choosing a wide range of courses offered by all divisions within the School, in addition to concentrating in their specialized areas of research.
The Division of Economics is a major division in the HSS. It has its roots in the Division of Applied Economics in the Nanyang Business School, which was established in 1993. The Division is supported by a large mix of local and international faculty, all of whom have PhDs from renowned universities from around the world. Faculty members contribute and participate regularly in major international conferences and have served as consultants to prominent international. They have also made their expertise available to statutory boards like the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Economic Development Board, the IE Singapore and the Maritime and Port Authority.
As one of the fastest growing faculties in the region, HSS offers degrees in eight disciplines, namely, Chinese, Economics, English Literature, History, Linguistics and Multilingual Studies, Psychology, Public Policy and Global Affairs, and Sociology. The School also offers six additional Minors in Creative Writing, Environmental and Urban Studies, History, Philosophy, Public Administration, and Translation.
Graduate by Coursework
- Master of Arts in Contemporary China - Click here for more information
- Master of Science in Applied Economic - Click here for more information
Graduate by Research
- MA & PhD in Chinese - Click here for more information
- PhD in Economics - Click here for more information
- MA & PhD in English - Click here for more information
- PhD in History - Click here for more information
- MA & PhD in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies - Click here for more information
- MA & PhD in Psychology - Click here for more information
- PhD in Public Policy and Administration - Click here for more information
- MA & PhD in Sociology - Click here for more information
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Nanyang Technological University
14 Nanyang Drive Singapore 637332
Email: [email protected]