MBA – James Cook University
Our MBA program consists of 16 subjects chosen from a wide spectrum covering all fields of contemporary management.
JCU's business administration programs provide advanced knowledge, understanding and analytical skills for managing in the 21st century. This involves using a wide range of knowledge and research to develop interdisciplinary and thematic frameworks that enable managers to successfully analyse, strategically plan, and implement decisions.
Various disciplines are used to understand the key themes that confront all managers and organisations. Themes include responsible management practices, globalisation, technology and innovation, individual identity and career development, corporate governance, sustainability, risk and value creation, entrepreneurship and decision making, the knowledge economy, leadership and change, and strategy.
Successful completion of study equivalent to an Australian undergraduate bachelor award.
- IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0)/ TOEFL iBT 90 (with minimum writing score of 21); or
- Satisfactory completion of JCU Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP) Level 4.
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement.
Advanced Standing from 4 of the Foundation subjects can be considered for:
- Applicants with a minimum 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment.
- Applicants with undergraduate degree from cognate discipline such as organisation behaviour, strategic management, marketing, economics, communication, and human resources, tourism or general management
Advanced standing can also be considered for:
- Applicants with a four-year relevant undergraduate program
- Previous tertiary study where appropriate
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
3 trimesters per year (normally 4 subjects per trimester)
Students need to complete 16 subjects including electives as per study plan.
- Marketing Management
- People in Organisations
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Comparative Global Business Systems
- The Changing Business Environment
- Economics for a Sustainable World
- Managing Strategic Resources & Operations
- Corporate Responsibility & Governance
- Marketing and Customer Engagement
- Strategic and Responsible Innovation Management
- Leading and Managing Organisational Change
- Practical or Research Project
- Independent Studies
- Technopreneurship: The E Entrepreneur
- Sustainable Enterprise
- E-Business Technologies
- Corporate Finance
- Data Analysis & Decision Modelling
- Business Law
- Students can also choose additional electives from Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management, Master of Information Technology and Master of Professional Accounting
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding Student's Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Please direct enquiries to the [email protected]
JCU Singapore is required to be EduTrust-certified as it enrols international students. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Council for Private Education (CPE), a statutory board that was formed in 2009. EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme and in JCU Singapore, it is provided through an insurance protection scheme.
Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage for the students’ hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. JCU Singapore will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable. For more details please visit the CPE website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although JCU Singapore endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.
Sims Drive Campus Contact:
Admissions, Arrival & Accommodation Services:
Student Services Contact (For current students only):
Email: [email protected]
Alumni & Career Advisory Centre: