Master of Science (Management) and CEMS Master in International Management (MIM) Programme
The Master of Science (Management) programme is a post-graduate programme of the NUS Business School, Asia’s leader in business education. The programme helps graduates gain a competitive advantage in the job market by cultivating knowledge and skills in key areas of management, all within a multicultural and multidisciplinary learning environment. The one-year full-time pre-experience MSc (Management) programme is open to all those with a degree in any business-related discipline.
The MSc (Management) prepares you for career advancement in consulting, finance, marketing, and general management.
MSc (Management) students can enroll in a double-master degree programme by opting for an additional CEMS Master in International Management (CEMS MIM) degree. Students will gain two master degrees, which are completed over the course of 1.5 years, in contrast to the 1-year duration of the normal MSc (Management) programme.
CEMS is a global alliance of leading business schools (only one school per country is selected into the alliance), multinational companies (MNCs), and non-governmental organisations (NGOs). They collaborate closely to deliver the CEMS MIM. NUS was the first Asian university to be made a full Academic Member of CEMS in 2008.
The CEMS MIM programme is entirely in English. NUS CEMS students will spend two semesters of the their studies abroad, each semester at a different CEMS partner university, and will be required to complete an internship with either one of the CEMS Corporate Partners or an international company. This global pre-experience master's programme, emphasizes interpersonal and leadership skills, and has been ranked annually by Financial Times among the top Master's in Management programmes in the world since 2005.
The programme is exclusively open to the MSc (Management) students of CEMS schools, and has been widely recognized as one of the best springboards to an international career. Over 1,000 students of 65 nationalities are currently admitted to the CEMS MIM across all partner schools. The international mobility of CEMS graduates is well exemplified by our 7,800 alumni of 78 nationalities who are currently working in 75 countries, with more than 45% of them living and working outside their home country.
Please visit www.cems.org to find out more about CEMS.
This is a full-time programme, admitting both local and international students. Students complete their studies within a year and a half.
Applicants will be considered based on the following:
- -A required bachelor’s degree from a four-year business-related degree programme. A three-year business-related degree with excellent academic results may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- -Good TOEFL or IELTS scores will be required if English is not the mother tongue or medium of prior undergraduate instruction. The TOEFL score must not be less than 260 for the computer-based test, 620 for the paper-based test and 100 for the internet-based test. The IELTS score must be at least 7.0.
- -A Letter of Motivation (no more than 500 words) outlining the reasons for application into the programme.
- -Interview (conducted for shortlisted candidates only).
- -In addition to having good oral and written skills in English, applicants must be proficient in at least one other CEMS language. Please visit http://www.cems.org/mim/curriculum/language-graduation-requirements for information on CEMS language and common CEMS application requirements.
No work experience is required for admission into this programme.
Students spend 3 semesters in 3 top business schools.
Please visit http://mim.nus.edu/cems-mim/53-cems-mim-programme-structure for more information.
Dates & Fees
There is only one intake per year, in January.
Please refer to http://mim.nus.edu/admissions/32-application-process for information on the application process and key dates.
Please refer to http://mim.nus.edu/admissions/33-programme-fees for information on programme fees and estimated living expenses.
For more information on the NUS MSc (Management) + CEMS MIM programme, please visit: http://mim.nus.edu
Information on the website applies to both local and international students.
MSc (Mngt) + CEMS MIM Programme Manager
NUS BUSINESS SCHOOL
Mochtar Riady Building
15 Kent Ridge Drive
Tel: +65 6516 8660
Email: [email protected]
Mondays to Thursday: 8.30am - 6.00pm
Fridays: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays