Master of Management [Urban Transportation]
Unique features of the programme:
- • Offers a practice-oriented graduate degree that is academically rigorous and relevant, with a focus on both organisational management and urban transportation practices.
- • Focuses on the policy and management aspects of urban transport with a strong emphasis on sustainable development.
- • Incorporates curriculum that emphasises management, business knowledge and skills that meets today's business requirements and tomorrow's business demands.
- • Leverages on the strength of the LTA, LTA Academy and Singapore University of Social Sciences's expertise and experience in land transport development and management.
• A bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institute.
• At least two years of work experience
• An interest in transport or related areas
• A high level of motivation
• Good communication in both written and spoken English
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take such written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by Singapore University of Social Sciences from time to time.
The offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes. The decision of the Admissions Committee of Singapore University of Social Sciences is final and binding.
Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
The curriculum for the Master in Management [Urban Transportation] programme consists of 60 credit units (cu) comprising 13 courses. The 13 courses are grouped under two main categories: Managing Organisation and Business Function (30 cu's consisting of 7 courses), and Urban Transport Management (30 cu's consisting of 6 courses).
Click here to view the programme curriculum.
- • Classes are conducted over 4 Semesters (24 months)
- • Each Urban Transport course will be held over four weekdays from 8.30am to 5.30pm. (30 cu's consisting of 6 courses)
- • Each Management course will be offered in the evening from 7pm to 10pm, once a week, over the semester terms. (30 cu's consisting of 7 courses)
Application Closing Date
31 March 2019
For current tuition fee, click here.
- 1. How many intake(s) are there in a year for Master of Management [Urban Transportation] (MMUTR)?
One intake a year; every July.
- 2. What is the maximum duration of MMUTR?
MMUTR is a 2-year programme and students may stretch to a maximum of 4 years to complete.
- 3. How many courses do students take in each semester?
Students are recommended to complete between 10cu and 20u of courses per semester.
- 4. When are the lessons scheduled?
Lessons are conducted over 4 semesters (24 months or 2 years). Urban Transport Management courses will be offered over four weekdays from 8.30am to 5.30pm, with a lunch break between 12.30pm and 1.30pm. MBA courses will be offered in weekday evenings from 7pm to 10pm and occasional Saturdays from 12pm to 3pm over the semester terms.
- 5. What are the assessments structures?
For Urban Transport Management courses, there are assignments and written examinations. For MBA courses, they will consist of a mixture of pre-class quiz, case discussions, assignments and End of Course Assessments.
(Graduate Programmes & Part-time Undergraduate Programmes):
8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat)
Telephone: +65 6248 9777
Fax : +65 6763 9077
Email : [email protected]