Master Of Finance (Global) – Dual-Degree Programme
With the best of both academic worlds, the Global Master of Finance dual-degree programme offers you the opportunity to study in both world-class, top-tiered universities at the Singapore Management University in Singapore and Washington University in St. Louis, U.S.
Our unique dual-degree programme structure, with one admission cycle per year, enables you to earn 2 degrees: the Master of Science in Finance from the Washington University and the Master of Science in Applied Finance from the Singapore Management University in a short period of 14 months.
- Completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, comparable to Singapore Management and Washington University’s four year bachelor’s degrees at the time of enrollment in the Global Master of Finance Dual Degree programme.
- If medium of instruction for your undergraduate studies was not in English,
(1) Degree Scroll and Academic Transcripts must be translated to English upon submission of supporting documents.
(2) A good IELTS and TOEFL Score is required.
- Taken at least one course in financial accounting, one course in finance, one in microeconomics, one in statistics and two courses I calculus.
- A good GMAT or GRE Score.
- Although professional work experience is not a requirement for admission, most successful applicants have had significant internship and/or work experience prior to acceptance into the Global Master of Finance dual degree programme.
- The Global Master of Finance dual-degree programme is opened to all nationalities.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
(July through August, Washington University in St. Louis)
- Options and Futures
- Derivative Securities
- Investment Theory
- Advanced Corporate Finance I-Valuation
Term 2: (August through November, SMU)
- Economic Analysis
- Financial Statement 1
- Financial Statement 2
- Quantitative Methods and Statistics
- Advanced Quantitative & Economic Analysis
- Advanced Equity Analysis
- Fixed Income Analysis
Term 3: (January through May, SMU)
- Financial Statement Analysis 3
- Financial Modelling
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Investing
- Structured Products
- Hedge Funds Management
- Bank Risk Management
- Alternative Investments
Term 4: (June through August, Washington University)
- Data Analysis for Investments
- Advanced Corporate Finance II
- Real Options Valuation
- Risk Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Finance Electives
- Financial Markets–Regulation, Washington, D.C. Immersion
- Financial Markets–Institutions, New York City Immersion
Total fee for the dual-degree programme is approximately US$67,900*
*(approximate figure due to currency fluctuations as tuition fees at Olin will be paid in US Dollars and tuition fees at SMU will be paid in Singapore Dollars)
Breakdown of the total fee as follows:
At Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis,
Tuition fee: US$43,700 (AY2014-2015)
Tuition is payable in two installments.
At Lee Kong Chian School of Business, SMU,
Tuition fee: S$31,000
Tuition is payable in two installments before the commencement of each term.
14 months full-time